Who We Help
Jason’s Friends Foundation assists families across the state of Wyoming with children from birth through the age of 20 who have been diagnosed with cancer, brain tumors or spinal cord tumors.
How We Help
When a child is diagnosed with cancer or brain/spinal cord tumors, the family’s world is turned upside down. The demands and costs of day-to-day living often become insurmountable.
We are here to spare the family the threat of a financial crisis arising in the midst of their medical emergency. We provide financial support where possible and focus on each family’s individual situation. We do not duplicate services.
We provide monetary assistance for:
- Travel expenses: fuel, lodging, meals, groceries, airfare
- Household bills: mortgage/rent, utilities, car, phone
- Child’s individual insurance deductible
Families are eligible for assistance while the child is in treatment, ill as a result of treatment and for follow-up appointments that require the parent/guardian to miss work and lose income.
Unfortunately, not all children survive their battle with cancer. We are here to help these families with final expenses. To comfort and encourage families as they endure the loss of their child, we provide bereavement support.
See If You Qualify For Our Program
• Child must be under the age of 21
• Child’s diagnosis must be cancer, brain tumor or spinal cord tumor
• Custodial parent/guardian must be a US citizen and a Wyoming resident
• No income restrictions